mercredi 1 janvier 2014

TENKARA MAGAZINE Vol. 1

I have never been a great amateur of magazines, even fishing magazines but two weeks ago I have ordered a copy of the
first issue of  TENKARA MAGAZINE released by TENKARA USA. I want to thank the TUSA team because my order was processed even though the magazine is supposed to be for USA only.
I did not know what to expect from this as I have never been satisfied by magazines. Too many ads, always the same people writing about the same topics, the same people interviewed, etc!



And I must say that reading and reading again this magazine is a pleasure! The enticing summary is full of promises and the excellent layout make this read extremely pleasant. In these pages one will find very good articles by Daniel GalhardoGraham MoranPaul GaskellJason KlassTom DavisAnthony NaplesPaul Vertrees, etc.
Topics go from Tenkara history to Gyotaku via fly tying, fishing tips and techniques, knots...No aspect of Tenkara was forgotten.
Passion in palpable on each of the 111 pages of what is, in my opinion, destined to become a precious collector for many. Professional journalists would have been unable to create such a passionate publication and it is one of the reason why I like this magazine so much, it is the work of sincere fans of Tenkara. 

Now, I am waiting for vol. 2!





2 commentaires:

  1. Hi, great blog. This magazine sounds great. How did you get hold of the magazine? The USA website says US orders only.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for this kind comment John! In fact I had not realized that it was for US only and the people at TUSA were kind enough not to cancel my order.
    I am probably one of the very few people to possess a copy in Europe!

    RépondreSupprimer